A joy worth repeating, again and again, warm conversation, tea, and a friend.

A joy worth repeating, again and again, warm conversation, tea, and a friend.
Miss Madeline

March 15, 2011

Once Upon a Springtime Bird House

I saw this little bird houses at Joannes and thought it would make a cute decoration.  I just love this Graphic 45 paper "Once Upon a Springtime."  The birdhouse was only $1.00 and I used most of my scraps left over from the Easter Baskets to cover the bird house.  I used Nellie S. punches, Martha Stewart punch and Glimmer mist.  At one of Irina Blount's workshops she showed us how to make vellum flowers.  I could only find clear so I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to give it some color. I distressed the papers with brushed corduroy, rusty hinge, and picket fence.  The Graphic 45 cutouts are added on the top and sides.  I used pop outs for the sides.  The little bird is from Vintage Trinkets. This was fun to make.  I have two other styles that I am going to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment